Friday 30 May 2014

What We're Reading: Midnight Lady, Doctor Sleep, Variants and Gentlemen Bastards

Happy Weekend! We've been busy on all sides of the Atlantic, but not too busy to share what we're reading. I've got my fingers firmly crossed for some nicer weather here in London this weekend (it's been rainy and miserable this week). But, even if the weather stays grim, I've got a good book to read so that's a win! 

Genn: This weekend I'm reading Doctor Sleep. I read The Shining around this time of year many years ago. I remember because I had just finished applying to colleges and as I was reading the book, I was completely terrified. I kept saying,'this could never happen to me, I don't live in an isolated place where it snows 9 months out of the year...' this was just weeks before I was accepted into lovely liberal arts college in rural upstate New York where it snowed. A lot. And was quite isolated. Needless to say, The Shining is a book that has always stayed with me and when I heard about the sequel I couldn't wait to read it. The thing is... this book is equally terrifying. I'm incredibly grateful that my mom bought me a dreamlite for Christmas this year. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure I'd have nightmares.

Jenny: I'm reading Rosemary Rodgers' Midnight Lady. A hugely cheeseball romance novel, but I'm immersing myself in romance novels because I'm writing a book with a big romance component, and this one was lying around. I kind of love getting back to my roots.








Angel: My current read combo. Needless to say, I'm having dreams of Gentleman Bastards and nightmares where fears and anxieties manifest in bizarre extremes. The Variant Effect is not for the faint of heart or stomach and not for someone who already fears... Fear.




What are you reading this weekend? Let us know in the comments or tweet us @gennmcmenemy, @thegenuinejenny and @miabrightborn. Happy Reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment