Friday 23 May 2014

What We're Reading: Memorial Day/Bank Holiday Edition

Happy Friday! On both sides of the Atlantic we're looking forward to the long Bank Holiday/Memorial Day weekend. Which means one thing . . . more time for reading in the *hopefully* sunshine. Here's our weekend reads!

Angel: Thanks to a few surprising recent life events I have yet to get beyond chapter 1 of Red Seas Under Red Skies. However, tonight, I'm taking Locke to bed for some overdue quality time. Cheers!

Genn: In addition to the long weekend today was also payday and I paid a visit (sorry for the pun) to my local bookshop. I might have accidentially bought two new books, Doctor Sleep and Nights at the Circus. Both come highly recommended. Now I just have to decide which one to read first  . . . decisions, decisions. Maybe I'll just read them both.



Jenny Contact by Carl Sagan, an oldie but goodie that MJ gave me for Christmas. I loved the movie, never read the book. Also, in other news, I actually finished two books last week! Making progress on my enormous pile.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment