Friday 25 April 2014

What We're Reading: Dragons, Monsters and Death

Every Friday, we'll be posting what we're reading here on the blog. Because frankly we are bookish and can't help but share (or document) what we're reading.

Genn: This weekend is forecast to be a grey and chilly one here in London. So, I'm curling up with an insanely good manuscript. I don't want to say too much because the book isn't out until later this year and there's nothing worse then hearing about a good book you can't read for a while yet . . . but OH.MY.GOD. this book is amazing! Just . . .  I can't. I promise a full update a bit later. I'm also reading A Dance with Dragons because it's Game of Thrones season and each week I'm reminded that it's seven days between new episodes. I need my Westeros fix! Want to chat Game of Thrones or books? You can tweet me @gennmcmenemy  


Jenny: Just bought a book today I've been DYING to read: Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor. THIS is a date
book. The kind you take out to dinner. Not Chipotle, either (although I do love me some Chipotle)--a fancy restaurant, where you order any appetizer and dessert you want--hell, go nuts, get wine!--and it's just you and the book. And some good food. And some wine. 

So. If you're wondering what I'm up to sometime this weekend...it's going out on a date. With my book. You can tweet Jenny @TheGenuineJenny

What are you reading this weekend? Let us know in the comments or tweet us. Happy weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. Woot! Both of these sound awesome! I'm going to have look at both of these!

    I'm currently getting ready to start Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Black on a recommend (from one of you I think). I'm a huge ghost story fan, so I'll be curling up under some blankets, avoiding the shadows, and reading this into the wee hours of the night.

    ReplyDelete