Saturday 29 June 2013

What I'm Reading: Summer Reading Challenge

So, I missed my post yesterday. I'm still plowing through A Feast for Crows. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the book. I'm just not a very fast reader, which is shocking as my day job is in publishing. However, there's not much I can do to change my reading abilities. I do read a lot, regardless of the speed I consume my books at, so I guess that's something.

Lately, I've been in a bit of a reading slump. But, it's the summer. Today in London (and possibly today only) the sun is shining, the sky is blue, my annoying neighbours downstairs are playing some sort of trashy European pop that has no name only back beats, so all is right in the world.

And while all is right in the world, I feel like it's time to tackle some of my TBR shelves. Yes, you read that right, shelves! How does someone wind up with shelves of books to read?

1) Work in publishing.
2) Have a small book buying addicition.
3) Have space in your home for multiple shelves.

So, here's what I propose; it's a two pronged solution to break my reading slump and to whittle down my TBR shelves. As we've hit midsummer and we have about 8 weeks left in July and August I'm going to try to read 8 books that have been languishing on my shelves. This is in addition to my usual work-related reading workload. So, it's a wee bit ambitious, but I think doable.

The perks are if I finish 8 books (featured in the picture at the end of this post) I'll be doing a happy dance. Something like this:

And if I fail? Well, I will give away to either Jenny or Angel a copy of the book(s) that I failed to read or if they already have that book give it away on the blog. Not my copy, of course, I'd still have to read it. I will blog about each book here on the blog as I finish reading it.

So here we go. Summer Reads 2013!

Wish me luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment